Saturday, January 17, 2009

More stupidity. And I'm giving up on the French.

Got a little hot under the collar a couple of days ago and used some blue language. Forgive me if I offended any readers. But I was sincere in my use of the word because of the demonic purposes to which Gospel-less presentations and Christ-less prayers can be used.

Now, we have more stupidity at hand, but I will refrain from speaking any "French." Lord knows, this deserves it. A so-called Christian bishop has been invited to pray at the upcoming presidential inauguration. However, he feels that it would be wrong at this event to give a Christian prayer. Click here to read more about it over at Cranach: The Blog of Veith.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. And Dumber.

As a Christian pastor, that's the only prayer I know how to give.

Listen to Jesus...

"If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it." (John 14:14)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, whatever you ask of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. " (John 16:23-24)

Not the name of Buddha. Not the name of Allah. Not the name of Vishnu. Not the name of some generic god or goddess.

None of the these but the Holy Name of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

JC Lamont said...

Wow, I knew about the bishop. I hadn't heard about his promise to give a non-Christian prayers.

It's Solomom/Israel all over again.