Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm back!

I'm home from China with a new son. Allow me to introduce you to Aidan Tianzhen Onken. This picture was taken moments after he was first placed in my arms at the civil affairs office in Guangzhou. I returned on April 1 and have since been trying to recover from jet lag. Aidan has been adjusting remarkably well, it appears. Tomorrow he enters into the kingdom of God through the Sacrament of Holy Baptism. Hopefully I'll be able to make it through the ceremony without getting too weepy.

If you haven't seen our adoption blog yet, you can view it at http://redthreadtomarysville.blogspot.com. We plan to continue posting on Aidan's progress with our family and give everyone updates on his upcoming surgeries.

3 comments:

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Becky said...

Glad you and your new little boy are home now.