Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Son's surgery successful

My three year-old son had surgery yesterday to repair his cleft palate. He's napping in his hospital bed as I type this. Details on our stay here at Seattle Children's Hospital can be found at my other blog about my family's adoption journey. Here are the links to the posts...

Day before the surgery

The recovery

Hopefully heading home today

I can't say enough good things about the people at Children's Hospital. Every single person - from the surgeons to the interns to the nurses to the orderlies - has been tremendously caring and compassionate and showed the utmost concern to my son and to my wife and me. I suppose you have to have that kind of "bedside manner" when you work at a place like this. Here, it does not come across as feigned but completely genuine. Visits to the hospital are not always pleasant, but this makes the less pleasant visits ... oh, shall we say, more "palatable"?

Only one VERY minor complaint. I wish they had the Sprout Network! My son loves it! But we managed with PBS Kids.

No comments: