Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes #6

Jesus doesn't like the hymn "A Mighty Fortress." At least that's what my three year-old thinks. We're driving around today and she and I sometimes sing songs while we're on the road. I start singing Luther's "A Mighty Fortress is Our God," and Lily says, "No Jesus like that song."

"What do you mean He doesn't like that song?" I asked.

"No Jesus like that song," she replied. "Jesus like 'Jesus loves me this I know.' Jesus like happy."

I tried to explain that "A Mighty Fortress" is a happy song, that it's like Jesus is a big castle who protects us. Of course, that was only met with a look of confusion.

Later on that same night, I tried singing it again, and this time Lily said, "Jesus like that song." I guess my explanation worked after all.

No comments: